M.D. Community Medicine
The General objectives of the training programme in Community Medicine will be to
enable a candidate to be a
Teacher / trainer to
1. Plan and conduct an educational session/programme. He/She will be able to draw
up lesson plan with details of educational objectives.
2. Content, process and essential inputs.
3. Assist in development of curriculum, teaching and learning activities and methods
4. Assist in manpower planning and development. He/She should be able to participate
in programmes for the selection, training and supervisions of various cadres of
1. Plain and execute a research study including clinical trails. Use/Organize
biostatistical analysis using computers and software’s and prepare reports/papers.
2. Critically evaluate research activities.
3. Make recommendations on policy and procedures.
4. Update knowledge using library.
Public Health Specialist to
1. Define and manage the health problems of the community, which he/she serves.
He/She should be able to organize epidemiological studies to identify health
2. Plan, implement and evaluate various health programs in his/her area, especially
National Health, Family Welfare and disease control/ eradication programmes.
3. Select, train, supervise and manage various categories of health personnel working
4. Organize health care services, routine and for special groups and during period of
special needs such as disasters/ calamities and epidemics.