MD (General Medicine)
To achieve the goal following objectives must be fulfilled:
A. Cognitive Domain:
1. Proper history, examination and diagnosis.
2. Relevant investigations, their interpretation with reasonable accuracy.
3. Appropriate treatment and early disposal.
4. Prompt diagnosis and management of emergencies.
5. Update knowledge.
6. Teach and guide undergraduate (MBBS) students.
7. Carry out research and publication.
B. Psychomotor Domain:
1. To perform diagnostic/ therapeutic procedures like central venous line
insertion, lumbar puncture, pleural/ pericardial/ ascites tapping, bone
marrow aspiration, liver/ kidney/ pleural biopsy, and interventions such as
mechanical ventilation, tube thoracostomy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation,
temporary pacing etc.
2. To be familiar with complication of procedures and be equipped in their
C. Affective Domain:
1. Ethical principles during work.
2. Seek and give consultation when required.
3. Sympathetic behavior with patients and their relatives.
4. Respects patients’ rights and privileges.
5. Supplement information about their illness.
6. Consider seeking second opinion when requested by patients.
7. Develop communication skills to interact with colleagues, senior and
8. To realize that patient management is teamwork.